Monday, August 23, 2004

Swift Boat Imbeciles for Bush

from Juan Cole
The true absurdity of the entire situation is easily appreciated when we consider that George W. Bush never showed any bravery at all at any point in his life. He has never lived in a war zone. If some of John Kerry's wounds were superficial, Bush received no wounds. (And, a piece of shrapnel in the forearm that caused only a minor wound would have killed had it hit an eye and gone into the brain; the shrapnel being in your body demonstrates you were in mortal danger and didn't absent yourself from it. That is the logic of the medal). Kerry saved a man's life while under fire. Bush did no such thing.

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

I've been going through the Vanderbilt Television News Archive looking up John Kerry, and have found a lot of good reasons to support Kerry. Based on his record as a Senator.

More on that later once I have the information better organized.

Sheryl said...

What's the story on the new photo?

J.R. Boyd said...

My old one suddenly became unavailable. :-(

Sheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheryl said...

I love Blogger, but sometimes it gets on my wick how some things don't work properly.

I wanted to delete what I wrote, so I could say it better, but it keeps asking me to relog in and then defaulting to my on blog without making the changes.

OK, in case it updates the changes with this new addition, I just said that I liked the picture of you on the Overlord website. You look friendly and modest in it.

Sheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J.R. Boyd said...

Yes, but that was before I lost my left eye in the battle of Lebanon.

Sheryl said...

I can't see you in the military. Maybe you should become a pirate. They get to wear those cool shirts with the puffy sleeves. And have cool swords with arty engravings on them.