Friday, June 05, 2009

Pillow talk

New York Times:

“The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends,” Mr. Bush said, to applause. “It is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists and every government that supports them.”

In the seven more years that he would govern the United States, Mr. Bush would often repeat those words, or ones similar. So too would his advisers. And yet, America’s relationship with Muslims continued to deteriorate.

This takes me back to my post-collegiate days, when I would bring home a little more than $100 a week from the old parcel plantation. In the endless conflict between rent and food I would repeat the words, "I don't have to eat," or ones similar. And yet, my relationship with consciousness continued to deteriorate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like those college years were time well spent.