Sunday, February 29, 2004

8

This Korean girl was extremely attractive, and nude, if you like that sort of thing. At first she was a great conversationalist. She told us about how she moved from Korea when she was five, and how she hadn't had a chance to go back. I got my friend to tell her about the Paul Bunyon incident, and you could tell she was impressed. It saved him a couple bucks, that's for sure. She was very easy to talk to, and you wouldn't even notice that she was a stripper, except that your eyes were still open. That's when the problems started. Right around the time that my friend was wrapping up the old Paul Bunyon yarn, I should have made him tell the story about the guy playing kickball with the kids in North Korea. It was just as good a story, and would have been a good follow-up, too. But the fact of the matter is that I forgot all about it. The truth is that right around the time my friend was wrapping things up, kickball with the North Koreans was the last thing on my mind. It's a real shame, too, because it gave my friend a chance to choose his own topic of conversation. The problem with my friend choosing his own topic of conversation was that I already had an idea of what that topic of conversation was going to be. It was going to be the one that landed us all in the poorhouse.

"So how come everytime I've tried to get your attention tonight you acted like you were in a bad mood?"

"Really? Well, I've been having a bad night. You guys have to throw dollars if you want to make a girl's night."

I started to think that maybe she wasn't that great of a conversationalist after all. "You mean you didn't like the Paul Bunyon story?" I asked.

"Oh sure, hon. But Paul Bunyon doesn't pay the bills, ya know?" She started acting very flirty, all of the sudden. I decided I needed to stabilize the situation. But before I could stabilize the situation my friend started interrupting with all these expensive ideas of his own, like whether she was dating anyone, or if she would ever date someone who wasn't Korean. He was on a real high-priced roll, too.

"Well, I have a boyfriend who's from here."

"He's from here," said my friend.

"No, not here! I wouldn't date anyone from here."

"You mean you met him in the States?"

"Yes."

"You mean he's American."

"Uh-huh."

"Cool. So, how much is a lap dance?"

No comments: